Coach Brady Irwin
Meet Coach Brady, hailing from Topeka, Kansas, but currently residing in Tallahassee, Florida.
At a young age, Brady participated in his first cycling events, from short BMX style races to century rides. Brady fell in love with the competitive side of endurance sports in high school where he ran cross country and track. In college, he came back to cycling to continue to train and stay in shape, but, most importantly, to race. Brady has raced road, mountain bike, and cyclocross, and loves getting out on the ‘cross course to mix it up.
In 2012, Brady competed in Race Across America on a four person team. This 3,000 mile adventure meant little sleep riding at all hours of the day, and through any elements that mother nature might threw at him and his team mates. The team finished 4th overall with a time of 6 days 2 hrs and 8 minutes.
2016 brought a new year and another great athletic experience. The Tallahassee Half Marathon was Brady’s re-entry back into the running world and, between training and finishing with a 1:33:15, his love for running was rekindled.
Brady earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Kinesiology from Kansas State University, and holds Level II USA Cycling Coach and Trek Certified Road fit specialist certifications.
Brady helps athletes looking to train for cycling, running, triathlon and motorsports. Seeing an athlete achieve their goals after months or years of hard work and dedication is very rewarding for Brady, and you can be one of those athletes.
Some highlights from Brady’s coaching career include:
- Coach since 2004
- 2015 – Coach to master’s National Cycling Champion
- 2012 Coach for Phil Keoghan for Le Ride
- 2008-2009 advisor/bike fitter for Colombia es Pasion U23 team
- 2008 Coach for Phil Keoghan for MS Ride across America
- Coach to 2 time National Champion Pete Butler
His athletic accomplishments include:
- 2017 Tallahassee Half marathon – 1:28.28
- 2012 Race Across America fourth Place Finisher (four-man team) 6d 2h 8min
- 2010 Race Across the West Finisher & Record Holder (four-man team)
- 2008 Cyclocross Nationals
- 2005 Collegiate Road Nationals